The EZABL Kit is a fully original design that makes adding an Auto Bed Leveling Sensor to your printer much easier than DIY solutions. We are the ONLY ABL kit that offers support from the hardware to the firmware. We developed a custom Marlin for CR-10 (ALL SIZES) and CR-10S (ALL SIZES) Machines and will be adding more in the future. Our in house team can handle any printer from an entry level Anet to a fully custom machine. With over 400 sold you will see why people choose TH3D for their printer upgrades and parts.
The EZ-Connect is mainly for CR-10 Users that want a quick installation where you don’t have to cut any wires or tap into the printer power. Just plug in the kit to the wall outlet (or USB Port with the optional adapter), connect the Z endstop, and load the firmware.
The Direct Wire is for all printer users that don’t mind running a 12V power wire to their power supply (included) and cutting the Z endstop wire and inserting it into the screw terminals on the module. This will also work with the CR-10, you can even put the module INSIDE your control box!
***IF YOU HAVE AN AC POWERED BED THE AC CURRENT MAY INTERFERE WITH THE SENSOR ACCURACY. IF YOU HAVE AN AC BED WE DO NOT RECOMMEND TURNING IT ON OR DOING THE CALIBRATION WITH IT ON. WE WILL NOT BE REPLACING SENSORS DUE TO AC INTERFERENCE AS THEY ALL ARE AFFECTED BY THIS (NOT JUST OUR SENSORS BUT ALL CONTACTLESS SENSORS). YOU WILL HAVE TO TURN IT ON MANUALLY OR IF YOU HAVE A SSR HAVE YOUR SLICER KICK IT ON AFTER THE G29 COMMAND***
Watch it in action here:
There is a 7 day lead time on this item. Meaning it MIGHT take up to 7 business days (or longer depending on order load) to ship as they are made to order in house.
You will receive a full kit that includes:
- Power Adapter (US Plug, 110-220V) (EZ-Connect Version) OR 3FT of Wire (Direct Version)
- Sensor with 1 Meter Cable
- Our Original EZABL module
- Printed Case for the EZABL module – Color is Black
- Full documentation on getting it up and running (Provided in a PDF Format)
- Download from here: https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ezabl-installation-guide/
- Welcome Guide with important download links
There is also FREE email support included to help you get going and printing with a leveled bed. If you have a machine that we have firmware built for we do offer phone and video chat in the price as well.
Extensive firmware setup assistance – phone, messenger, or video chat – is available but there is a charge for this due to the involvement required. Meaning if you want to add ABL and aren’t familiar with your board/printer firmware I can assist you with this. This charge does NOT apply to printers we have in house firmware built for already.
This kit has been in development for 6 months and has been proven to be accurate and reliable. It works on Glass, Aluminum, Steel, BuildTak, and many other solid surfaces.
If you have any inquiries feel free to Contact Us!
- Creality CR-10
- CR-10, CR-10S, S4, & S5 – Stock Hotend OR Stock Hotend+Fang Cooler NOTE: If you use the FANG 18mm mount it will not work with my sensor. The “Fang” firmware on this site is intended for use with the E3D Fang Coolers (verified offsets with the V6 and Volcano variants).
Wiring Tips For Direct Wire Kits
Since it is impossible to include all the printers that this kit could work on I will just add the notes for the printers that I have personally and know very well.
- CR-10 Series – You can pull power from the “Output 12V (Fan)” terminals in the picture below as this is always on. You can also pull power direct off the power supply as well. It doesn’t matter and is personal preference as to WHERE you pull power from as long as it’s 12V and always on when the printer is on.
- What printers does the kit work on?
- The EZABL kit works on any Marlin based printer (as that is what we have tested it on, it does NOT work on Smoothie due to their Z probe handling) that has enough memory to store the Mesh Bed Leveling routines. Some Atmel 1284P board will require a lot of firmware changes to slim down the firmware to fit on the boards memory. Atmel 2560 based boards are very easy to setup since they have over twice the storage as the other types of boards.
- The EZABL kit uses the Z endstop pins for the sensor. This allows you to add it to virtually any board regardless if you have extra pins available to you.
- How do I get help with getting the kit running?
- Just go to the top of the page here and click “Submit a Ticket” or email Support@TH3DStudio.com and one will be created automatically. I try to get back to all requests within 24 hours but to help me help you please give all information that you can on the issue you are having and the printer it is going on
- What size sensor does this kit use?
- The EZABL kit uses an 18mm cylinder type sensor. It works with any 18mm size sensor mount
- Can I buy just the EZABL board?
- I do not sell the board outside of the kit.
- What kind of warranty is included?
- The EZABL kit carries a 90 day warranty against defects. If you physically short out the kit or damage it repair is available but not for free.