The EZABL Kit is a fully original design that makes adding an Auto Bed Leveling Sensor to your printer much easier than DIY solutions. We are the ONLY ABL kit that offers support from the hardware to the firmware. TH3D hand makes each and every kit in house starting with a bare PCB. We then place, solder, test, and assemble every kit by hand.
We support over 20 different printers out of the box complete with firmware and sensor mounts. See the full list here: TH3D Unified Firmware
Our in house team can handle any printer from an entry level Anet to a fully custom machine. With over 1000 sold you will see why people choose TH3D for their printer upgrades and parts.
|Comparison Table||EZABL||BL Touch||“BumbleBee”||“SkyPe”||Piezo||DIY Inductive||IR Sensor|
|Firmware Pre-Setup for Multiple Printers||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Full Support Help Desk Included||Yes||No Support||No||No||No Support||No Support||No Support|
|Sensor Repeatability (M48 Test)||0.02mm-0.001mm*||~0.05-0.02mm||Varies – No Sensor Included, Depends on Sensor Used||Not Known||~0.05mm||~0.05-0.001mm||~0.05-0.03mm|
|Works with metal beds?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Works with glass/mirrors?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes, but you must paint the bottom. Does NOT work with mirrors.|
|Safe for build sheets?||Yes||Yes||No, Nozzle is heated during probing and will damage sheet||Yes||No, Nozzle is heated during probing and will damage sheet||Yes||Yes|
|Possible Nozzle Damage from Probing?||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|Nozzle Stability Unaffected?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Continual Updates to Firmware?||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|All Wiring Included||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Mechanical Sensor Failure Possible?||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|Works with Multiple Printers?||Yes – Any Marlin Printer||Yes – Most 3D Printers, Depends on Board||No – Only CR-10||Yes – Select Models||Yes – Most 3D Printers||Yes – Most 3D Printers, Depends on Board||Yes – Most 3D Printers, Depends on Board|
|Can use existing Hotend Mount?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Price (In USD)||$60-65||$40-60 Sensor Only (wiring not included)||$60-100 – NO sensor included, add another $5-30 to get one||$60 (UK based, US Price)||$50-100 for parts and mounts||$20-30 Parts Only (wiring not included)||~$40 Sensor Only (wiring not included)|
* – Sensor Accuracy can be affected if your machine has mechanical or electrical issues (like bad grounding or low quality/faulty power supply). Typically on a well tuned machine accuracy is in the thousandths of a MM. If you are not getting good accuracy our support staff will be able to give you information to help you get your machine issues resolved and if you have a defective kit we will replace it under warranty.
“BumbleBee” and “SkyPe” are obscured names of competitor products.
The EZ-Connect is mainly for CR-10, Ender 2, or Tornado Users that want a quick installation where you don’t have to cut any wires or tap into the printer power. Just plug in the kit to the wall outlet or USB Port with the USB adapter, connect the Z endstop, and load the firmware.
The Direct Wire is for all printer users that don’t mind running a 12V power wire (included) to their power supply and cutting the Z endstop wire and inserting it into the screw terminals on the module. This will also work with the CR-10, you can even put the module INSIDE your control box!
Watch it in action here:
Most kits ship within 2 days or less if showing in stock. Backordered are under 5 days typically (or longer depending on order load) to ship as they are made to order in house.
You will receive a full kit that includes:
- Power Adapter (US Plug, 110-220V) OR USB Adapter (EZ-Connect Version) OR 3FT of Wire (Direct Version)
- Sensor with 1 Meter Cable
- Our Original EZABL module
- Printed Case for the EZABL module – Color is Black
- Full documentation on getting it up and running (Provided in a PDF Format)
- Download from here: https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ezabl-installation-guide/
- Fully setup firmware for multiple printers that takes under 5 minutes to setup and flash. See the full printer list here: TH3D Unified Firmware
- If you have an Anet, Ender 2, or CR-10 Printer you will need to flash your bootloader. We have guides on this in the Knowledgebase and require either an Uno or USBASP device. This is a one time thing.
- Welcome Guide with important download links
There is also FREE email support included to help you get going and printing with a leveled bed. If you have a machine that we have firmware built for we do offer phone and video chat in the price as well.
- Extensive firmware setup assistance – phone, messenger, or video chat – is available but there is a charge for this due to the involvement required. Meaning if you want to add EZABL to a printer we do not already have supported we can get it going for you.
- This charge does NOT apply to printers that we have supported in the TH3D Unified Firmware.
It works on Glass, Mirror, Aluminum, Steel, BuildTak, EZMat, AnyCubic Ultrabase, and many other solid surfaces.
If you have any inquiries feel free to Contact Us!