Creality Ender 3 V2 Firmware | V4.2.X Board
Do you have an Ender 3 V2 and want a stable firmware with the latest features? Works with the V4.2.2 and V4.2.7 boards.
Board Limitations Note: Due to the design of the Creality boards with TMC drivers Linear Advance will probably not work correctly. The feature is available but use at your own risk.
Maybe you’re adding our EZABL kit to the machine. This is the download for you. You will need to update the LCD and Board firmware for this machine. Directions are below.
LCD Limitation Note: The live baby-stepping Feature is not available on the Ender 3 V2 due to current limitations with its stock LCD. If you want more features from your Ender 3 V2 see our article about swapping the LCD here: Ender 3 V2 – Swapping to the 12864 Creality LCD for more features
We also recommend you download the Unified 2 STL pack as well. This contains EZABL mounts, Gantry leveling Blocks, Solid bed mounts, and Bed Level test files. Click here to go to the Unified 2 STL Pack download page.
You must flash BOTH the LCD and the printer board. If you do not flash both then the firmware will not function correctly.
Printer LCD Firmware Update
- In the firmware download there is a folder called “LCD Firmware”. Open that folder and then open the folder labeled “Ender 3 V2”
- In there is a ZIP file called “Ender3_V2_LCDUpdate_TH3D_X.X”. Extract the DWIN_SET folder to a blank, FAT32 formatted w/allocation size of 4096 (4K) MicroSD card.
- The files must be in a folder called “DWIN_SET”. If they are not the firmware will not update.
- Power the printer off and remove the LCD from its snap-on bracket.
- On the rear of the Ender 3 V2 LCD, there is an SD slot that you access by removing the 4 screws on the rear of the casing.
- Insert the MicroSD card with the files on it into the LCD.
- With the LCD cable connected to the printer and the MicroSD card inserted into the rear of the LCD turn on the printer. You will see the LCD change from black to blue to orange. Wait 30 seconds after it turns orange and then power off the printer.
- Remove the MicroSD card and re-assemble the LCD
- Turn the printer on. You should see our logo and the Marlin logo when you power on if the firmware updated successfully
NOTES: Our Ender 3 V2 had a defective MicroSD slot that required us to re-solder the pins on it. If your firmware is not flashing try a new SD card and if that doesn’t work then inspect the MicroSD slot for bad solder joints or physical damage.
1. – Printer Board Firmware Update
NOTE: You must have our LCD firmware loaded on the LCD screen before updating the board firmware. Please do this before flashing the firmware on the printer board.
NOTE: Every time you flash the firmware it must start with firmware followed by random numbers/letters. It must be a different file name every time you flash. This is a limitation with the bootloader on these boards. It will NOT rename the file like other boards after it flashes.
1.b –Download the firmware
1.c –Extract the files to a folder on your computer
1.d –Open the folder labeled “Firmware” in VSCode
1.e –Open the Configuration.h file that is located under the “Marlin” folder on the left side of the VSCode screen
1.f – In the Configuration.h file, uncomment (remove the 2 / in front of #define) the ENDER3_V2_V422_BOARD or ENDER3_V2_V427_BOARD line and any other options you are going to use in the firmware
Uncomment the option for the board version you have.
1.g –Click the ✓ at the bottom of VSCode to compile the firmware. The firmware will compile. This may take 1-5 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection
1.h – On the left side of VSCode expand “.pio” and “build” until you see the STM32F103RET6_creality folder. Right click on the STM32F103RET6_creality folder and click “Reveal in File Explorer”
1.i – In the file explorer open the STM32F103RET6_creality folder
1.j – Look for the latest firmware-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX.bin file and copy that to your SD card. This SD card must be FAT32 formatted. If you compiled more than one time you will see multiple firmware files. Use the latest one based on the date the file has.
1.k – Power OFF your printer and Insert the SD card with the latest firmware-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX.bin file into your printer. Turn the printer on. It will take a little longer than normal to boot up.
1.l – When the printer boots you will see the TH3D logo on your LCD. Make sure to reset your EEPROM on your printer after flashing any firmware. You can do this from your printer LCD or by sending a M502 followed by M500 with your favorite Gcode sender application.
THIS FIRMWARE AND ALL OTHER FILES IN THE DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM TH3D STUDIO LLC. SUPPORT IS NOT INCLUDED JUST BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOADED THE FIRMWARE.
TH3D STUDIO LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PRINTER, PERSON, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY DUE TO USE OF THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE.
We do not maintain a full change log for this firmware. However, you can track all changes and modifications to our firmware code on the GitHub repo for Unified 2 Firmware.