EZNeo – Sunlu S8 Board Setup
What you will need
- The EZNeo Strip
- A 5V Power Adapter
- Jumper Wires
- Soldering Iron & Solder
Powering the EZNeo with a 5V Power AdapterIf your control board does not have the capacity and/or headers (1.0A @ 5V) to power the strip directly, you can power them with a simple step-down module. We carry 1.5A step downs that have wires pre-soldered and pre-set to 5V for quick and easy installation. The only soldering required for our 5V adapter is the connection between the 5V output and the jumper wires to plug into the EZNeo 3 Pin plug for power. Jumper wires are included with our 5V adapter linked below.
- Pre-Set 5V 1.5A Step Down: EZNeo 5V Universal Power Kit - TH3D Studio LLC
- To see how to wire up our 5V power adapter see our guide here: EZNeo - 5V Universal Power Kit Documentation
IO Pin Wiring
The Sunlu S8 boards have 4 IO pins that are available to use. You can use any of these to control the EZNeo strips. Below is a picture showing the pin locations and their corresponding pin numbers.
Whatever pin you connect to will be the one you specify in the firmware. Nothing else can be using these pins, so choose one that is not used.
Unified 2 Firmware
If you are using our Unified 2 firmware, there are preset settings in the Configuration.h file to support the EZNeo strip. All you need to do is uncomment the line for the EZNeo strip you are using, uncomment the NEOPIXEL_PIN line, and enter in the pin number you are using.
Vanilla Marlin SetupIf you are using a standard build of Marlin (aka "Vanilla" Marlin), follow the directions below to set the correct options to use the strips with your Marlin build. These directions are based on Marlin 220.127.116.11. Older/newer versions of Marlin may have different values than shown below.
Configuration.h SettingsIn Configuration.h make the following changes:
- Uncomment the NEOPIXEL_LED line
- Set the NEOPIXEL_TYPE to NEO_GRB
- Set the NEOPIXEL_PIN line to whatever IO pin you are using to control the strip.
- Change the NEOPIXEL_PIXELS value to 15
- Uncomment the NEOPIXEL_STARTUP_TEST line
Configuration_adv.h SettingsIn Configuration_adv.h make the following changes:
- Uncomment the LED_CONTROL_MENU line