The Kingroon KP-3 is a great little machine for the price (Under $150). We’ve compiled a firmware for the stock machine to bring all the latest features to the machine.
- Thermal Runaway Protection
- Assisted Manual Bed Leveling
- PID Tuning for Hotend
- Layer Fan Support
- Babystepping Z for Live Adjustment of First Layer
- SD Card Support Working
- EEPROM Working when SD Card is inserted
- Supports Stock Touch LCD
- Filament Sensor Working
- NEW EZABL Pro Kit Auto Bed Leveling Support
- NEW Included is a 5015 Layer Fan upgrade that works with our 24V 5015 fan
- NOTE: The print size on this firmware is 170x170x180 due to belt issues causing carriage to skew on the 175+ print area. Update your slicer to the new size.
How To Update
- Download the Firmware Pack Above
- Place the “Robin_mini.bin” from the Firmware folder for your setup to your SD card and turn on the printer. It will update.
- NOTE: Make sure nothing else is on the SD card when updating. Use a FAT or FAT32 formatted card under 8GB.
- Due to limitations of the STM32 CPU in order to use the EEPROM you must leave a SD card in the slot so it can store the EEPROM settings on it.
- Enjoy Printing with Marlin Firmware!
Source and change log available on our KingroonKP3 GitHub.