Direct Plug in Stepper Smoother Board
- Significantly reduces “Salmon Skin” on 3D Printers that have this issue
- For details on this issue see this link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1997411
- Provides protection for the stepper drivers when moving the motors when the machine is off
- Sold individually
- Full 8 Diode version for the best smoothing
These smoother boards are an addon module that sits between the 3d printer board and the stepper driver. Just unplug the stepper driver from the board, plug in the module, and plug the stepper driver to the other side of the module.
These provide flyback diodes for the motors that help reduce the appearance of “salmon skin” on prints. This is a common issue with DRV8825 drivers and the boards that ship with the Tevo Tornado printers. These can be used on any stepper driver type that is used in 3D printers.
In addition to reducing the appearance of “salmon skin” these also provide protection to your printer board when moving the motors when the printer is off. Overall these make motion smoother and even reduce noise by a tiny amount.
Works with any machine that has removable “StepStick” style drivers. See pictures for examples.
Specific machines these work with:
- Geeetech A10
- Tevo Tornado with MKS Gen L board
- Folgertech FT-5
- Included Support: TH3D Community Support
- Warranty: 90 Days