What is this and why do you want it?
This kit is a full kit to remove the stock, limited touch LCD with a traditional 12864 type screen. This screen is directly power from the printer mainboard so you can get access to all the features that it has. No more opening the case to flash your firmware either! We’ve designed and put together this entire kit to swap out your screen in under 30 minutes. There is a full installation video below that goes step by step with how to install the kit and upgrade the printer firmware from your computer. The touchscreens are nice to look at but they limit the features and functions your printer is capable of. So take back control of YOUR printer with our EZLCD upgrade kit today. NOTE: This new LCD uses a full size SD slot, microSD cards and be used with an adapter (not included). All kits sold include the larger LCD cap for the “V4” version of this machine (not pictured in the product photos)
Kits shipped in late 2020 and onward will have the same size LCD but now have a front-loading SD slot.
What is in the kit?
Everything seen in the pictures. These are all the pieces that you need to install the kit with the new EZLCD.
- Mini 12864 LCD with Full Size SD Slot
- 1x EZLCD Mini 12864 LCD Case to mount the Mini 12864 LCD in
- TH3D Sidewinder X1 EZLCD Mounting Bracket
- 2x 60CM LCD cables to connect the LCD to the Sidewinder X1 control board
- Accessory pieces for a clean installation (Stock USB/SD Slot Cover and LCD Cable passthrough cover)
- All kits sold include the larger LCD cap for the “V4” version of this machine (not pictured in the product photos)
- All screws, nuts, and washers for the LCD kit installation
- Firmware is downloadable from our website here: TH3D Unified Firmware Package
- All parts printed in premium Black PLA
Sidewinder X1 “V4” Model Changes Alert
After releasing this kit some users reported that Artillery/EVNOVO changed the LCD and Filament sensor wire on some of the printers. You should open up the bottom of your printer to see if the filament sensor wire will reach to the board or not. See below for details.
- Some later models of the X1 come with a shorter filament sensor wire than earlier models. If your LCD is recessed into the frame then you likely have a V4. Open the base of the printer to confirm.
- If you have the one with the shorter filament sensor wire you will need to extend the wires for the filament sensor to retain that feature.
- You can splice in longer wire or purchase a separate 3 pin JST-XH extension cable (not included, addon above).
Important Notes After This Upgrade
- The LCD included takes a FULL SIZE SD card. You can still use a MicroSD card if you have a MicroSD to SD adapter (not included) that comes with most MicroSD cards. Max supported card size by the firmware and LCD is 32GB with FAT or FAT32 file system formatting.
- The factory USB port and MicroSD slot will no longer be used or work after this upgrade. The SD slot on the LCD will be used for printing from SD card.
Assembling the EZLCD Housing
3 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link.
Damage/Failure due to improper installation, improper usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, 3rd party products connected to our product, and/or modification of the product are not covered under warranty.