This is our flagship flexible printing system. This will take all the hassle of removing prints from your bed once and for all!
- Easier to install, ships from USA, better quality, better pricing, no scuffing required, and more options than other brands like Wham Bam or BuildTak.
- Our PEI coated plates offer great adhesion for filament types and easy part removal.
- Our plates are made from high quality steel that will not rust.
- What are you waiting for? Toss those scrapers in the trash and get to flexing!
Just stick our magnet to your bed and slap the flex plate on to the magnet. Start your print like you always do and then when the bed cools (40C or less) you can pop the plate off with our convenient lift tabs and then flex the part off. You’ll love using our plates and if you want even more adhesion than the PEI offers add our EZMat to the rear of the plate for easy printing of other filaments (like ABS, ASA, or Nylon) that require higher temperatures (enclosure required for some filaments).
Maintenance Tip – Make sure to clean your bed before applying the magnet and occasionally wipe down the plate with IPA to keep the surface free of oils for best adhesion.
Smooth plates are discontinued as of 9/1/2023. Only textured plates will be stocked going forward.
- ABS – You will need to use something like VisionMiner Nano Polymer to stick ABS to PEI, or use our EZMat on the other side of the plate. Smaller parts will stick but larger parts may lift without an adhesion promoter on the PEI surface
- PETG/PCTG/TPU – If you are not careful with your 1st layer you can risk bonding the PETG/PCTG/TPU to the PEI surface. This will damage the surface. To prevent damage to the surface apply hairspray or PVA gluestick before printing PETG/PCTG/TPU on the PEI or EZMat surfaces
- Part Removal – Make sure your plate is at close to room temp (under 30C) before removing parts. If you remove it when hot it is more likely to damage the surface.
- Magnetic Base Compatibility – Using our plates with a 3rd party magnet may result in the plate warping as other brands’ magnets are not as strong as ours. We can only guarantee the longevity and compatibility when using our magnet and our plates.
- Maintain Proper Z Height – When starting a print make sure your bed is level and your nozzle is not too close to the bed (if using an ABL system check that your Z offset is correct and use the Babystepping to adjust during a print). Running the nozzle too close will damage the surface and/or embed the plastic into the sheet. Damage due to improper Z height is hard to fix and is not covered under warranty.
- Cleaning – Keep the top and bottom of the plate clean as well as the magnet if you get anything on it. IPA is what is recommended to clean the plate and magnetic base. Make sure that no liquids or adhesives are on top of the magnet or bottom of the plate. If liquids are between the magnet and the plate it can damage and degrade the magnet so keep them dry and clean.
- Proper Installation – The EZFlex system is designed to be installed on your printer bed directly. Do NOT attach our magnetic surface and/or flex plate with any type of clips and/or adhere the magnetic sheet to any other removable surface. The magnetic sheet must be adhered to the top of your printer bed directly.
- Dual Side Usage – When using the EZMat or other surface on the rear of the plate the magnetic strength will feel less than using a plate with only the PEI surface. We have tested using dual sided applications on our plates in house and they work well even with a surface on both sides. Some users have reported that on large prints having another surface on the rear can cause it to pull up from the magnet. Only apply a 2nd surface to the rear of the plate if you accept this risk.
- Bed Sizing – Be sure to check your bed size. TH3D is not responsible for the wrong size ordered and/or errors in the listings. We try do our best to keep descriptions up to date but some manufacturers make changes to machines after release.
Recommend Print Temps
- PLA – 60C
- HTPLA – 60C
- PETG – 70-80C
- PCTG – 70-80C
- ABS – 100C
Magnetic Base Information
Our magnetic bases use an adhesive that works best on clean, bare aluminum. Attaching the magnetic base to a non-metallic surface, such as a polycarbonate mat, will cause premature failure of the adhesive. Adhesive failure due to improper installation is not covered under warranty. Magnetic bases are intended to be used with our EZFlex plates ONLY. Do NOT put other surfaces on top of the magnetic base as some have reported that certain mirrors and/or glass can stick to the magnetic sheet which can damage it. Do NOT print directly on top of the magnetic base. Printing on a magnetic base will cause irreparable damage to the magnetic base and is NOT covered under warranty. Always print on a designed-for-purpose build surface. Installation Video Please note that all PEI surfaces are pre-installed on the plates so you will not have to install them yourself. If you purchased the EZMat as well apply this to the side of the plate without the logo on it.