Why do you want this product?
With our flex plates you no longer need to use scrapers to remove your parts from the printer bed. Just let it cool after a print (to 40C or less) and then flex the plate and watch the parts pop off! Words don’t do these justice. Check out our video below. You do need the magnetic base to attach these to your printer bed.
Maintenance Tip – Make sure to clean your bed before applying the magnet and occasionally wipe down the plate with IPA to keep the surface free of oils for best adhesion.
- Recommend print temps
- PLA – 60C
- HTPLA – 60C
- PETG – 70-80C
- PCTG – 70-80C
- ABS – 100C
- Product Usage Guidelines
- ABS – You will need to use something like VisionMiner Nano Polymer to stick ABS to PEI, or use our EZMat on the other side of the plate. Smaller parts will stick but larger parts may lift without an adhesion promoter on the PEI surface
- PETG/PCTG/TPU – If you are not careful with your 1st layer you can risk bonding the PETG/PCTG/TPU to the PEI surface. This will damage the surface. To prevent damage to the surface apply hairspray or PVA gluestick before printing PETG/PCTG/TPU on the PEI or EZMat surfaces
- Part Removal – Make sure your plate is at close to room temp (under 30C) before removing parts. If you remove when hot it more likely to damage the surface.
- Maintain Proper Z Height – When starting a print make sure your bed is level and your nozzle is not too close to the bed (if using an ABL system check that your Z offset is correct and use the Babystepping to adjust during a print). Running the nozzle too close will damage the surface and/or embed the plastic into the sheet. Damage due to improper Z height is hard to fix and is not covered under warranty.
- Cleaning – Keep the top and bottom of the plate clean as well as the magnet if you get anything on it. IPA is what is recommended to clean the plate and magnetic base. Make sure that no liquids or adhesives are on top of the magnet or bottom of the plate. If liquids are between the magnet and the plate it can damage and degrade the magnet so keep them dry and clean.
- Want to increase or decrease adhesion?
- Check out our article here: EZMat/EZPei – Adhesion Tips and Tricks
- Bed Sizing Notes
- Be sure to check your bed side. TH3D is not responsible for the wrong size ordered and/or errors in the listings. We try do our best to keep descriptions up to date but some manufacturers make changes to machines after release.
- Product Changes
- Smooth plates ordered after 3/1/20 will have the new EZFlex2 branding on them and our new PEI that holds better than the last version. The PEI will have a slightly different appearance than the previous version of the smooth plates and this is normal.
Product QC Information
- All plates and magnets are inspected to ensure full functionality to make sure they meet our standards for them.
- Smooth PEI plates may have a non-uniform appearance under the PEI as that is the adhesive visible through the PEI sheet, this is normal.
- Textured PEI plates may have a non-uniform color appearance as they are sprayed and the PEI is baked onto the plate, this is normal.
- Textured plates will have the texture covering the print area for the machines they fit (example: CR-10 has a 310×310 bed but print area is only 300×300).
- Plates will not be exchanged if they are in these specifications. Only if a plate has a defect that affects it’s functionality will be considered defective.
- Why are there some variances in appearance with the plates?
- They are all sprayed (textured) or applied by hand (smooth). It is impossible (even with a machine) to make every single plate absolutely identical. The information provided above is so you know what to expect from the plates.
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
- To get technical support with this product it is handled through our TH3D Communities
- Technical support is not included through the TH3D Helpdesk at no charge
- You are welcome to ask quick questions about a Community Support product through our helpdesk but in-depth 1 on 1 technical support is not included.
- If you require require a more personalized level of technical support it can be purchased separately in 1 hour blocks of time. Contact Us to get a time-slot paid for and scheduled through one of our technicians.
Warranty Info: 90 Days Warranty
- Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product.
- If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by emailing Support@TH3DStudio.com or by using the Contact Us link.
- This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support.
- Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty
Additional Return Information for Flex Plates and Magnets
Due to the consumable nature of the flex plates and the magnets once a product is used it cannot be returned for a full refund in the event that it is returned due to wrong size ordered or any other reason other than a defect in the product.