Why do you want this product?
This is a great addon for your 3D printer. It can be placed directly on your printer bed or on a metal flex plate like our EZFlex² System. PEI type sheets are great but their adhesion strength pales in comparison to the EZMat². The EZMat² just sticks prints down with no adhesives needed (even for ABS, you still need an enclosure for ABS). These mats are the same as our previous EZMat product but have been re-designed and we’re using genuine 3M adhesive that comes of very clean when compared to other bed sheets on the market. This means that replacing the sheet is quicker and leaves less residue on the bed when it is time to replace it. This new version of the EZMat is the same material and quality as our original blue one, just with a cleaner design.
Maintenance Tip – Make sure to clean your bed before applying the magnet and occasionally wipe down the plate with IPA to keep the surface free of oils for best adhesion.
- Recommended print temps
- PLA – 0C-60C
- ABS: 90C-100C
- PETG/PCTG: 70C-80C
- TPU/TPE: 0-70C
- PC: 120C
- Since our mat is based on Polycarbonate we recommend using something in-between the mat and the PC to help it release easier. You can use glue stick or hairspray to prevent this from happening.
- Product Usage Guidelines
- ABS – You need an enclosure to print ABS on any printer with any build surface type. ABS warps when printing and having a stable, high ambient temperature will prevent this.
- PETG/PCTG/TPU – If you are not careful with your 1st layer you can risk bonding the PETG/PCTG/TPU to the PEI surface. This will damage the surface. To prevent damage to the surface apply hairspray or PVA gluestick before printing PETG/PCTG/TPU on the PEI or EZMat surfaces
- Part Removal – Make sure your plate is at close to room temp (under 30C) before removing parts. If you remove it when hot its more likely to damage the surface.
- Maintain Proper Z Height – When starting a print make sure your bed is level and your nozzle is not too close to the bed (if using an ABL system check that your Z offset is correct and use the Babystepping to adjust during a print). Running the nozzle too close will damage the surface and/or embed the plastic into the sheet. Damage due to improper Z height is hard to fix and is not covered under warranty.
- Want to increase or decrease adhesion?
- Check out our article here: EZMat/EZPei – Adhesion Tips and Tricks
- Bed Sizing Notes
- Be sure to check your bed side. TH3D is not responsible for the wrong size ordered and/or errors in the listings. We try do our best to keep descriptions up to date but some manufacturers make changes to machines after release.
- Sheet Thickness
- The surface itself is about 0.6mm thick, total thickness with adhesive is about 0.8mm thick.
- Clean the surface with acetone then glass cleaner. If you do not have acetone just glass cleaner will suffice.
- Align the bed mat on the bed or glass that you want to apply to
- Bond strength can also be improved with firm application pressure and moderate heat (50C) causing the adhesive to develop intimate contact with the bonding surface.
- Peel back one corner
- Slowly apply it to the bed pressing firmly as you peel the backing to avoid getting bubbles under the mat
As seen on “Uncle Jessy” YouTube Channel
3 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link.
Damage/Failure due to improper installation, improper usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, 3rd party products connected to our product, and/or modification of the product are not covered under warranty.
Return/Refund Information for EZMats
Once an EZMat is installed on a printer it is NON-REFUNDABLE as there is no way to remove it from the bed without damaging it.