What is this kit for?
This kit contains everything you need to build your own EZPi kit except for a Raspberry Pi 4 board. Since boards have been hard to purchase in bulk we’ve decided to make these DIY kits available for those who want the EZPi experience but don’t want to wait for the stock to come in on the Pi 4 Boards.
By purchasing this kit you also gain access to our technical support team should you have questions about assembly or using the EZPi system. You need to provide your own Raspberry Pi 4 Board to complete the assembly of this kit.
Why get our DIY kit vs parts from Amazon?
We’ve been selling our EZPi kits for many years now. We select power adapters, cases, and SD cards that we know work as well as last long. Many people make the mistake of getting cheap SD cards and power adapters that cause stability issues with their Octoprint setups. We know that all our kit parts work together well and will last for a long time.
The MicroSD card also comes pre-flashed with our latest EZPi image so all you have to do is put it into the SD slot on the Pi board and power it up! If you added on the WiFi setup option, the EZPi kit will automatically connect to your wireless network.
In addition to that, if you have a question or issues, you can Contact our support team that knows this stuff and can help you troubleshoot and use the kit. You won’t get that kind of support from Amazon or other places that sell parts. There are no “call centers” here, just real people based in the US who know this stuff.
What is an EZPi?
Our EZPi kits are a pre-setup Octoprint kit to let you control your 3D printer over the network. The only difference between this BYOPi kit and our pre-assembled kits is that you supply your own Pi 4 board then assemble it. If you are not comfortable assembling your own kit, then please look at our pre-built kits when we have stock on them.
- Automatic connection to your printer.
- IP address of the EZPi will display on the printer LCD so you can easily find it on your network once it is connected to the printer.
- *Remote Access to your EZPi with NO port forwarding with the new Spaghetti Detective Plugin (Special offer for EZPi customers included in the package)
- Arc welder plugin for use with machines that have Arc Support enabled in their firmware
- Built-in bed leveling visualization for printers equipped with an ABL (including EZABL) system
- Built-in EEPROM Editor for Marlin (including Unified Firmware) Printers
- Progress bar support for printers with M73 Support (Enabled in Unified Firmware)
- Pre-heat button for current GCode file selected
- Tasmota plugin pre-installed for use with Tasmota WiFi Outlets
- Do NOT put your EZPi kit inside a printer enclosure if you have one. The high temperatures will reduce the lifespan of the Pi board.
- Do NOT disassemble the EZPi kits as you can damage the thermal pads that contact the PCB and the case and/or the Pi 4 Board itself.
- Disassembling the EZPi kit will void your warranty.
- Technical support for cameras is limited to ones sold by TH3D.
6 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link.
Damage/Failure due to improper installation, improper usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, 3rd party products connected to our product, and/or modification of the product are not covered under warranty.