Thank you for checking out the Unified Firmware. Sales from our store and donations are what help fund this project and others. We also support the Marlin Firmware project through monthly donations as this is what it is built on top of.
If this firmware helped you out and you are not already a customer please consider making a purchase from our store to help support us or donate below. Happy Printing! Learn about our team here: About Us
What’s in the download?
- TH3D Unified Firmware
- EZOut Installation Guide
- EZABL Installation Guide/Manual
- Windows 1.8.7 TH3D Arduino IDE – Pre-Setup for Flashing
- Mac OS X 1.8.7 Arduino IDE with Libraries
- Please see here for the OS X IDE setup directions.
- If you are still having issues flashing on a Mac please use a Windows PC.
- EZABL STL Mount Pack that contains all Pre-Supported Sensor Mounts and basic printable Solid Bed Spacers for Multiple Printer Models
- EZABL Enclosure STL Files if you want to change color or make your own
- TH3D Bed Leveling test STL files in multiple sizes
- 3D Printer/Uno USB Drivers – CH340 & FT232R
- Pronterface GCode Sender Utility
How to use the firmware: Read the README file in the package to get started and read the top Configuration.h file for directions. EZABL_ENABLE is NOT needed or present anymore in new releases. Only uncomment the probe mount and it will enable the EZABL system.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have a bootloader already on the printer to flash the firmware over USB. Printers with the 1284p chip need a bootloader. Here is how to load the bootloader with links to the hardware needed: http://Bootloader.TH3DStudio.com. See the printer support table below to see if your particular model needs a bootloader. Printers that need the bootloader on the support table below have a “ᵇ” after their name.
ALL slicers (Simplify3D, Cura, Slic3r, etc) or anything else that connects to the COM port must be CLOSED for the firmware to be flash. If anything is connected to the COM port when flashing it will fail, typically “access denied” is listed in the error section of the Arduino IDE.
You MUST use the Included Arduino IDE to flash the firmware if on Windows and if you are on a Mac or Linux follow this guide to setup your IDE to work with the firmware if our automated installer for Mac isn’t working on your machine. -> Arduino IDE for Mac OS X Setup Guide
Looking for just the firmware? Download from our releases on our Github Page.
Looking for a full changelog? Check the Unified Firmware Changelog page.
Marlin is used on over 90% of printers worldwide. Scott Lahteine is the project manager for the Marlin Project. Please consider becoming a Patreon below or donate one time with his PayPal link below. TH3D supports the Marlin project through Patreon and through donating equipment that they may need for testing.
Supported Printers and Products:
|ADIMLab Gantry i3 (HCMaker7)||X||X|
|Aibecy DY-H9||X||X – Custom Mount|
|Geeetech A10 V1||X||X|
|Geeetech A10 V2||X||X|
|Folgertech FT-5||X||X – Custom Mount||X|
|TronXY X3Sᵇ||X||X – Custom Mount|
|TronXY X5Sᵇ||X||X – Custom Mount|
|Wanhao Duplicator i3ᵇ(and re-brands)||X||X||X|
|Wanhao Duplicator i3 Mini (and re-brands)||X||X|
|Wanhao Duplicator D6(and re-brands)||X||MINI ONLY^^||X|
|TH3D MKS Gen L Pack||X||X||X|
- ᵇ – Printers with this after the name needs a bootloader installed. We have a full flashing package here: TH3D Uno Bootloader Flashing Kit and a guide here: TH3D Bootloader Guide (Video)
- ^^ – The Wanhao D6 has a compact head. The EZABL Mini does not reduce any print space using the mount supplied. You can use the regular EZABL however we do not have any pre-supported sensor mounts for it. The physical hardware works with the D6 board but we do not have a mounting option supplied for it. TLDR; Go with the EZABL Mini Direct Wire if you have a Wanhao D6.
- Custom Mount – This means the firmware is set up and ready for the EZABL kit but you will need to locate a probe mount for that particular machine. We may add official mounts in the future but if this note is here you will need to supply your own probe mounting solution. If you have a mount that works with these machines on the stock hotend please email Support@TH3DStudio.com and we’ll get it officially added into the firmware and download package.
If you use our Uno to flash please follow the 1284p Printer Bootloader Flashing Video Guide
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus (Including MonoPrice and PowerSpec variants)
- Testing is in progress – Working out LCD settings.
- JG Aurora A5
- Creality CR-X
- Creality CR-10S Pro
- Anycubic i3 Mega
- Tevo Flash
- Automatic Probe Point Setup
- Bed Leveling Assistant (4 Corners) for users not using ABL
- BL Touch Support (NOT supported by TH3D Support)
- CR-10S Disable Filament Sensor for those with issues
- Customize your printer name
- Custom EStep Option
- Support for TH3D CR-10S Dual Extruder Board
- E3D V6/Volcano Hotend Support
- EZOut Kit Support (See table above)
- Hotend and Bed PID regulation
- Hotend and Bed Protection
- Home offset tuning
- Individual Axis Homing
- Instant BabyStepping for Z Axis
- Junction Deviation Jerk Control
- Keenovo Thermistor Support for Heated Bed (when used with SSR)
- M48 Probe Test
- Manual Print Timer Support (M73 GCode)
- Manual Mesh Leveling Support (for users without EZABL)
- No volumetric extrusion
- PID Autotune menu
- SD Printing Power Resume
- Preheat for ABS & PLA
- Slow or Fast Probe Option (Test Printer with M48 if using fast, some cannot handle it)
- Skew Correction
- S-Curve Acceleration
- TH3D Bootscreen
- Thermal Runaway Protection Enabled
- TinyMachines3D Bootscreen Option
- Titan Extruder Support
- Tornado Bootscreen for Tevo Tornado
- Tornado Fan Speed Option for noise reduction
The Unified Firmware has been tested with the above features in the “Features” list. Any deviation from the TH3D configurations can cause issues and is not supported. If you are a customer and have made changes in the features our support will have you use our standard configuration to rule out any issues. This is done for stability and quality assurance reasons as well as to minimize possible end-user issues.
The Unified Firmware Package and all files in the said package are provided AS-IS with no warranty or guarantee, use at your own risk. TH3D is not to be held liable for any damages or issues due to using anything in this package. This is provided for anyone to use at their own risk.
If you are an EZABL customer – support on the EZABL kit and the Unified Firmware features is provided free of charge, MKS Gen L users the support is limited to the EZABL kit itself. Anyone is welcome to use this firmware as it is under the GPL V3 license but there is NO support if you are not a customer. If you contact support and are not a customer you will have the option to purchase support at an hourly rate.