Purchases, Warranties, and Returns/Refunds
- Products are allowed to be returned for a refund (minus shipping to you) within 30 days of receipt as long as they are unopened, unused, and never been installed, you must have a return authorization through our ticket system before returning items.
- There is a 15% restocking fee for all returns.
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping
- If you are in the US you can use our automated return portal for a low cost return label. The $3 for the return label will be deducted from your refund or billed to you if it is a warranty replacement if the product being returned is not a DOA item.
- The shipping paid to ship the order to you is NON-REFUNDABLE
- You MUST go through troubleshooting through our ticket system as many issues are customer machine related and not a defective product.
- You can open a support ticket by emailing Support@TH3DStudio.com.
- There will be restocking fees on items that are returned and test good on our in house test machines.
In the event that you need to cancel an order please email us at Support@TH3DStudio.com OR use the Contact Us link and if we have not begun processing the order we will try to cancel it. This is not a guarantee but we will make a best effort.
TH3D Standard Warranty
All our products are backed by a 90 day guarantee and we will usually ask for the defective part back for inspection, you are responsible for return shipping. Any travel, labor, and/or parts may be billable on any services performed on machines or parts. The manufacturer does not compensate us to repair the units so we have to charge for our time and travel. We will handle getting the parts replaced under the manufacturer warranty but our time and travel is 100% billable.
TH3D covers shipping for US warranty replacements back to the end user via USPS First Class mail, if you want the package shipped via a faster method you can let us know and cover the difference.
If you are outside the US due to shipping costs we charge 50% of the cost of return postage to you. Shipping costs outside the US are over 4 times the cost to us so sending out a replacement is costly. Average prices for international shipping are around $15 USD with the insurance in case a package is lost or damaged. Depending on the item we will typically not ask for the product back from customers outside the US due to the high shipping costs that would be required and will work out something on a per case basis.
All items in our store are guaranteed NOT DOA (Dead on Arrival). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item if it is DOA. We test any and all items sold for electrical and physical defects before shipping. We stand behind our products so if you have an issue let us know immediately. In order to get a RMA you MUST go through troubleshooting as many issues are customer machine related and not a defective product. Meaning if we just swap out the item you can still have issues with the new one since it was not the product having the issues and rather the customer machine.
Pictures on the items may be slightly different from what you receive. What does this mean? It means that we try to source the products from the same vendors but there can be variances like different circuit layouts, board colors, etc. The item will ALWAYS be the same specifications as what is listed on the website. We will not sell a lesser item than what is listed. You will always get what is advertised or better.
TH3D ships to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, US Minor Outlying Islands, US Virgin Islands.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, DAMAGED, OR STOLEN PACKAGES. IF YOU WANT INSURANCE PLEASE PURCHASE USPS PRIORITY MAIL. TH3D WILL NOT BEAR THE COST OF REPLACING LOST, STOLEN, OR DAMAGED PACKAGES. First Class International is Insured through a 3rd party but payouts are pretty fast but domestic requires no tracking updates for 30 days and international requires no update for 45 days. TH3D will NOT provide refunds on shipping charges if a package does not make it there in a certain amount of time. We will contact the carrier on your behalf and if they refund us we will refund you. We will NOT refund shipping charges if the carrier does NOT refund us due to a missed delivery date or delay.
The buyer is responsible for any customs fees, import duties, or any other fees charged to them by their country. TH3D will NOT refund customers for any additional fees that another country adds to their packages, this is the BUYERS responsibility to pay them. TH3D does NOT under-declare package values. This is illegal to do and we are a legitimate company based out of the USA. In addition to that under declaring can also cause YOU more issues down the road. See below.
- The package is examined and a customs official decides the value claimed for its contents is inaccurate. If this happens, if goods that were deemed incorrectly declared are subsequently re-valued by a customs official, that person can assign any value they wish. This evaluation may well be very much more than the actual purchase price, resulting in a much higher customs charge. The buyer is then expected to pay that fee. If they decide they’d rather not, they may refuse to accept delivery. The returned item and all associated return delivery fees will then come back home to the sender.
- Buyer pays $250 for an item. At the buyer’s request the shipper falsifies both the invoice they include in the package (to satisfy any customs search) and the Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note to claim item was sold for much less – say $25. The item is lost or damaged in shipping. An insurance claim with the USPS will require the sender’s copy of the Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note be submitted, as proof of mailing and proof of insurance. But that form was originally falsified to accommodate the customer’s request for a much lower value. The declared value is its insured value, too, as the USPS will not issue insurance for more than an item’s declared value.
If a package is returned to us due to an invalid address or other issue (like the post office holding the package) then the order can either be re-shipped if you pay the shipping cost or refunded minus the shipping paid.
Scope of Included Support
EZABL – We provide email support for EZABL customers with issues related to the probe itself and features listed that are related the probe on the Unified Firmware page. You are welcome to modify the firmware to enable other features but this is outside of the included support. We can provide out of scope support but it is billable. You must use our Firmware on a compatible printer for support to be covered with the product. You are more than welcome to use our products with any machine but we do not provide firmware support for machines not running our latest Unified Firmware package. Our support staff may offer advice outside of the scope but if we do that is just a bonus and not a guarantee.
EZOut – We provide email support for EZOut customers with issues related to the sensor itself and features listed that are related to the sensor on the Unified Firmware page. You are welcome to modify the firmware to enable other features but this is outside of the included support. We can provide out of scope support but it is billable. You must use our Firmware on a compatible printer for support to be covered with the product. You are more than welcome to use our products with any machine but we do not provide firmware support for machines not running our latest Unified Firmware package. Our support staff may offer advice outside of the scope but if we do that is just a bonus and not a guarantee.
Other products – Support is limited to the product itself. Our support staff may offer advice outside of the scope but if we do that is just a bonus and not a guarantee.
Our support staff may offer to call you to resolve an issue if they feel it is a quicker resolution but email support through Support@TH3DStudio.com is the primary and official support method.
All repair tests are recorded to ensure that the product was working with our test equipment. If you get a repair back and it is still not working then you will need to troubleshoot a machine issue (not included in the repair cost). So be sure to rule out ALL other issues before you sent a product to us. If a board is sent that is damaged a $10 fee to test the board will be applied or deducted from your refund. This fee is included in the purchase price of the repair services and only applies if you send in a board that has a different issue than what you sent it in for.
All incoming packages are opened in our office under HD video recording so if your board/control box comes damaged we will have full recording of it being opened and then tested as proof in order to protect us from people trying to scam us (such as shipping us a DOA board/control box and trying to claim it was us that damaged it). We can provide the recording of your package being opened and tested as proof should we need to validate the issue.
If you ship your board to us without a pre-paid order you will have 30 days from the date we received the item(s) to pay for the repair before the item(s) shipped to us will be treated as abandoned property. Abandoned property will become property of TH3D and we may use the item(s) for internal use or re-sell to recoup repair costs.
If you are verbally abusive via phone, email, or ANY other communication method to our support staff and/or start Slander/Libel/Defamation/Drama about us on social media/websites/forums/etc when we have been trying to help you we reserve the right to terminate all support effective immediately and indefinitely. This includes any warranties and technical support. You will also not be permitted to purchase any new products from our store. Treat others how you want to be treated.
By purchasing our custom products you agree to not reverse engineer, duplicate, copy, or do anything that would duplicate what we are selling here. If you purchase a product with the intent to copy it for your own gain or someone else’s gain we will cancel your order and deny sales to you. If you get the item and then duplicate it we reserve the right to pursue any and all forms of legal action against you for violating these terms of service.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an orderfill out a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information,
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
TH3DStudio collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information shared with us through our support desk (pictures, videos, information, etc) may be used for training, marketing, or other reasons with all personal information removed. Example: a video showing a kit not working with no customer face shown.
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website\’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Last Revised: 5-11-2018
- 8-23-2017 – Initial Version.
- 9-12-2017 – Revised International Shipping Agreement.
- 12-06-2017 – Added clarification of lost, damaged, or stolen packages.
- 1-24-2018 – Added Verbal Abuse Clause.
- 1-26-2018 – Added Note about ENGLISH ONLY support.
- 1-30-2018 – Added Section for Repair Services.
- 4-12-2018 – Updated return policy to be more clear and allow returns within 30 days, revised shipping terms to be more clear.
- 4-19-2018 – Updated TH3D Standard Warranty shipping information for warranty replacements.
- 5-4-2018 – Updated collected information section for service desk.
- 5-11-2018 – Added Support Scope section and added further definitions to the Verbal Abuse/Slander/Libel/Defamation/Drama section