What is this kit for and why should I get it?
This kit replaces the stock color LCD to give you more control and features over YOUR printer.
This is NOT typically needed (unless you are having issues) if you have the DWIN or DACAI type LCD but if you have the VIEWE LCD and want to use our firmware and/or upgrades then it is needed. Not sure what one you have? See our article here: Creality Printers – DACAI, DWIN, VIEWE Color LCDs – TH3D Studio Help Center. This goes great with our EZABL kit for automatic bed leveling.
Requires a firmware update that you can download for free from our page here: Unified 2 Firmware – Ender 3 V2 NEO. The Ender 3 V2 NEO has a bootloader already and updates with the SD slot by placing a firmware file on the card and turning the printer on. See the firmware page for full details on how to use and update the firmware.
Will this work with Klipper?
Yes, these LCDs and the stock board are supported by Klipper firmware. However, due to the complexity of Klipper, our technical support that is included does NOT apply if you are using Klipper firmware. Technical support only applies when you are using our Unified 2 Firmware package that is included.
Installation Directions & Video
- Remove the stock LCD and unplug the 10 pin cable from the stock LCD.
- Install the new Mounting Block using the M4 Bolts and Tnuts from the stock LCD mounting bracket to your printer extrusion.
- Screw the new LCD to the LCD Bracket with the included philips screws (there are 4, one in each corner).
- Mount the new LCD bracket with the new LCD attached to it to the mounting block with the included 2x M5 Bolts
- Connect the 10 Pin cable on your printer to the EXP3 header on the new LCD
- Update the firmware to our new Unified 2 Firmware that is included with this kit.
Video Assistance from our Ender 3 S1 Video
The LCD mounts the same as on the Ender 3 S1 series as shown in this video here with the exception of using Tnuts to mount the LCD adapter block to the extrusion instead of the extrusion being tapped like shown on the S1: https://youtu.be/PhOI7ccm78U?si=C_cqpmbvMM1x4tRz&t=98