What is the EZABL™?
The EZABL™ kit is a product designed, manufactured, and sold exclusively by TH3D to make adding automatic bed leveling (ABL) to your printer as easy as possible.
Everything from the hardware and firmware to use the kit is tuned for the best performance by us here at TH3D. Technical support is included at no charge through our TH3D Helpdesk Email system.
We use the highest quality parts in our sensors, on our boards, and even the cabling. This means you get an ABL kit that is not only easy to install and use but one that will perform. Don’t be fooled by cheaper kits that use cheap parts to cut cost.
EZABL™ Quick Links
Firmware Download: Unified Firmware Package
NOTE: Everything you need (Sensor Mount STL files, Firmware, Arduino, Drivers) is in the Unified Firmware Package linked above.
Setting up with standard Marlin or have a printer with a 3rd party control board? Check out our setup guide here: https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ezabl-setup-for-vanilla-marlin/
The EZABL™ Pro Manual can be downloaded here and is also part of the Unified Firmware Download.
Troubleshooting Information is Located in our Knowledge Base in the “EZABL” section.
Need help that our troubleshooting articles don’t cover or have a question?
Send us a message here with our Contact Us page.
What is included?
- EZABL™ Pro sensor (available in 2 sizes – 18mm and 12mm) – Now shipping with a BLUE top instead of red.
- 12mm (Mini) includes 2x Adapter Rings to install it into an 18mm mount
- EZABL™ Pro Control Box (case and EZABL Pro control board)
- 3ft Power Wire
- Sensor Calibration Screwdriver
- Zip ties for wire management
- 90 Days Tech Support & Warranty Standard
- TH3D Standard Warranty/Support Included
- Technical support covers all printers listed below with their factory control boards and electronics.
- You are welcome to use the EZABL with other machines/control boards but setup of your firmware for your custom machine is NOT included under the included support. We have a guide here on the settings to use with our sensor for Marlin Firmware: https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ezabl-setup-for-vanilla-marlin/
- What is considered a custom machine? Custom Machine means a printer model that is not on our support list and/or one that has had the original board swapped. The only 3rd party board we provide support for is our EZBoard on the machines it supports.
- Included technical support is over email through the TH3D Helpdesk
- Phone support is available at an additional charge
- TH3D EZABL™ Pro Installation Guide
- PDF will be emailed to you after you purchase
- Also in the Unified Firmware Download Package
- Pre-Setup Firmware – Flash in under 5 minutes
- Over 40+ different probe mounts in our EZABL™ STL Pack (part of the Unified Firmware Package)
- Optional Add-ons
- AC Power Adapter – Powers the kit from your wall outlet instead of the printer power supply
- USB Power Adapter – Powers the kit from a USB port instead of the printer power supply
- Select OEM Sensor Mounts – Available in ABS and PLA (select above)
- You can print your own for no charge, STLs are in the Unified Firmware Package.
The EZABL™ Difference
There are many options to add auto bed leveling to your printer. Many of them are difficult to install, use, and/or just use poor quality parts. Our US based support team handles over 10,000 support tickets a year and are trained on all our products.
We aim to set ourselves apart from the competition in many ways and refuse to cut corners when it comes to support or the hardware.
We believe that the 3D Printing Community is a key part of everyone’s success. We are the only ABL kit maker that contributes to the Marlin Firmware project through monthly donations to help fund the project. Our EZABL™ Kits would not be possible without this firmware to build our Unified Firmware on so we feel it is only right to help out the project through direct financial contributions.
What makes our kits different from our competitors?
- Our Latest EZABL™ Pro boards
- Name brand capacitors
- Name brand high-speed Opto IC
- Self-test feature built-in
- EZ Switch for swapping your Z endstop wires
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- 3-Stage Power Filtering
- Dual Power Connection Options
- DC Jack
- 2 Pin Terminal for bare wires
- Dual Z Endstop Connection Options
- 2/3 Pin JST XH
- 2 Pin Terminal for bare wires
- Our Latest EZABL™ Pro Sensor
- No temperature drift thanks to our custom designed sensors
- Cable strain relief built-in
- S³ Sensor Technology
- 6 times faster sampling rate versus our previous EZABL sensors
- Over 3 times faster sampling rate versus our competition and DIY sensors*
- Lightweight PC-ABS Case (up to 50% lighter than the competition and our previous generation sensors)
- Dual Layer shielded cables for the best EMI resistance and durability
- Modular Molex Sensor Connection
- Calibration Adjustment Screwdriver Included
- Our Unified Firmware Package
- Our own Marlin Distribution tuned for quick and easy setup, guaranteed to work with your supported machine and NO coding experience needed
- Adds not only support for our EZABL™ kit but numerous safety features and usability improvements over stock printer firmware.
- Thermal Runaway Protection, Live Z Adjustment, EEPROM Support
- 100% OctoPrint Compatible
- Our Support Team
- We have an actual support team and everyone is based in the US
- Multiple Community Groups set up for help outside of business hours
- 1 on 1 email support is included free of charge with every EZABL™ Pro Kit.
- Phone/remote desktop support available for an additional charge
- ᵇ – Printers with this after the name needs a bootloader installed. We have a full flashing package here: TH3D Uno Bootloader Flashing Kit and a guide here: TH3D Bootloader Guide (Video)
- ^^ – The Wanhao D6 has a compact head. The EZABL Mini does not reduce any print space using the mount supplied. You can use the regular EZABL however we do not have any pre-supported sensor mounts for it. The physical hardware works with the D6 board but we do not have a mounting option supplied for it. TLDR; Go with the EZABL Mini (12mm) if you have a Wanhao D6.
- ᴸ – Printers with this after the name need a LCD conversion to work with our firmware and supported products.
- Custom Mount – This means the firmware is set up and ready for the EZABL kit but you will need to locate a probe mount for that particular machine. We may add official mounts in the future but if this note is here you will need to supply your own probe mounting solution. If you have a mount that works with these machines on the stock hotend please email Support@TH3DStudio.com and we’ll get it officially added into the firmware and download package.
- Our support on the EZABL covers the printers in the list above with their original control boards.
- Setting up EZABL on Vanilla Marlin?. The EZABL works like a normally open endstop switch and will physically work with boards running Marlin or RepRap (Duet) but the included support does not cover getting your custom machine setup but support on a custom machine is available at an hourly rate. Otherwise you can always check out our communities for getting the EZABL working on a non-supported board/printer here: Community.TH3DStudio.com
Quality of our products is extremely important to us. Because of this our kits are more expensive than our competition due to the higher cost of the parts, materials, and support that go into making each kit. We’re a real company with actual staff, not someone selling on EBay or Amazon. As the old saying goes “you get what you pay for”.
How Does the EZABL™ Mount?
The EZABL™ mounts to your printer hotend and we supply STL files for over 40+ different mounting options for the 25+ machines we support. There is a folder in our Unified Firmware Package that contains all the mounts that we have supported in the firmware so you can get setup without having to measure sensor offsets. You may need some M3 screws (or others depending on the mount) to mount the sensor and we have a screw assortment that covers all the sizes you may need for all the most popular mounts.
Can you include a sensor mount?
Absolutely! If it’s one of the “OEM” style ones listed above you can select it in ABS or PLA material. Supports are removed from the prints before shipping. If you want us to print a custom mount (like a herome or petsfang) you can Contact Us with the STL files for a printed part quote, we do prints in ABS and PLA.
Will I have to Solder?
Nope. Not at all.
Does the EZABL work on *insert surface here*?
The answer is yes to any printing surfaces. This includes glass, mirror, polyprop sheets, acrylic, aluminum, ezmat, pei, buildtak, and any other surface you print on. Unlike other solutions, the EZABL™ works on all print surfaces without requiring modification to the surface.
What is the difference between the EZABL™ Pro and the EZABL™ Pro Mini?
Only the physical size and the Mini weighs a few grams less. Some printers cannot fit a standard size probe so we came out with the Mini to fit those machines (example: Wanhao D6).
Do I need to have a bootloader on my printer?
Yes. You will need to update your printer with our awesome firmware package and that requires a bootloader. If you are not sure if your machine has a bootloader then check the Unified Firmware page and there is a chart on there that shows what machines need it. If you are still not sure you can use the Live Chat or Contact Us and we can let you know.
Do I need to change my printer board to use the EZABL™ Pro?
Nope! We’ve spend hundreds of hours making firmware for all the machines we support and enabling tons of new features and safety improvements for your stock printer board. Check the Unified Firmware page to see what machines we support.
Will the EZABL™ Pro work with an AC Bed?
Yes! We’ve made major improvements to the new Pro sensors that make them work on AC beds that are properly connected with a quality SSR. If you use a good SSR (like the Mager we sell) then you will have no issues with your EZABL™ kit with an AC bed (and you can control the bed from your printer!)
Where is the EZABL™ Pro made?
The EZABL™ Pro is designed by TH3D and we use multiple suppliers across the globe to source the parts and assemble our custom EZABL™ Pro boards & sensors. All final testing, QC, packaging, and support is done here in the US.
Why is the EZABL™ Pro “so expensive”?
Because quality parts and excellent support people are not cheap. We don’t focus on the race to the bottom like other companies. Quality and excellent customer service is the focus here at TH3D. If you want a cheaper kit check out eBay.
I have a custom printer or one with a control board I swapped, will you setup my firmware for me?
The EZABL will work with any Marlin or RepRap based machine. However, our included support covers machines that are listed above with their original control boards. On custom printers (this includes models we support but with their boards swapped) we cannot possibly account for every variation when a customer swaps their board or has a custom machine. We do have hourly support available here should you need custom work: https://www.th3dstudio.com/product/3d-printer-support/
We also have our communities to get help as well that do not cost anything to use: http://Community.TH3DStudio.com
What about the “Direct Wire” or “EZ-Connect” Kits that were available previously?
We’ve simplified the product and made it very compatible by having both connection types on the new EZABL™ Pro Control Board. 1 Board to rule them all.
Do I have to make my own wiring harness or modify my board to use the EZABL™ Pro kit?
Nope! We supply all the wiring and a 1.5M sensor cable length with a modular connection. Unlike competitors that require you to modify your printer board or make your own wiring harness to use their sensors we supply everything to connect it and require no modification to your printer board.
Does the EZABL™ Pro Kit work with OctoPrint/EZPi?
Absolutely! We love OctoPrint and use it here. Every one of our production machines has an EZPi kit on it and our EZABL™ kit.
Have a question we didn’t cover here?
No problem! Contact our Support Team or use our Live Chat with any questions you may have and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Standard Support
- Technical support is provided through our TH3D Helpdesk via email.
- You can email Support@TH3DStudio.com or use the Contact Us link to submit a ticket.
- Support is active for the duration of the product warranty.
- Support is limited to the product itself and does not include support questions related to tuning your individual machine.
Warranty Info: 3 Months
- Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product.
- If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by emailing Support@TH3DStudio.com or by using the Contact Us link.
- Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, or modification is not covered under warranty
* Based on sensors running at 60-80hz sensing speeds.