What is the EZABL™?
The EZABL™ kit is a product designed, manufactured, and sold exclusively by TH3D to make adding automatic bed leveling (ABL) to your printer as easy as possible. Everything from the hardware and firmware to use the kit is tuned for the best performance by us here at TH3D. Technical support is included through our TH3D Helpdesk Email system. We use the highest quality parts in our sensors, on our boards, and even the cabling. This means you get an ABL kit that is not only easy to install and use but one that will perform. Don’t be fooled by cheaper kits that use cheap parts to cut costs.Read the sections below for printer compatibility and other information before purchasing.If you have any questions that are not answered on our page here then Contact Us or use the Live Chat before purchasing.
While the EZABL will work with almost any printer that runs open-source firmware (Marlin, Rep-Rap, Klipper, etc), our technical support for firmware assistance covers the printers on the supported list below with their stock control boards or EZBoard (on supported models) when running our Unified Firmware package. No touchscreen models are supported due to their limited, closed source firmware.NOTE: Printers that have the 1284P boards need a bootloader installed to use our firmware.
- ADIMLab Gantry i3
- Aibecy DY-H9
- Alfawise U10
- Anet A2
- Anet A6
- Anet A8
- Anet A8 Plus
- Anet E10
- Anet E12
- Anet E16
- AnyCubic Chiron (needs LCD kit)
- AnyCubic Mega Zero V1
- AnyCubic Mega Zero V2
- Artillery AL-4
- Artillery Sidewinder X1 (needs LCD kit)
- Creality CR-10
- Creality CR-10 Mini
- Creality CR-10 S4
- Creality CR-10 S5
- Creality CR-10S
- Creality CR-10S Mini
- Creality CR-10S S4
- Creality CR-10S S5
- Creality CR-10 V2
- Creality CR-10 V3
- Creality CR-10S Pro (needs LCD kit)
- Creality CRX (needs LCD kit)
- Creality Ender 2
- Creality Ender 3/3 Pro
- Creality Ender 3 MAX
- Creality Ender 3 V2 – Babystepping is accessible with Unified V2.31 and higher through the Z-Offset menu item. Swapping it to the 12864 LCD will give you many other features. See our guide on changing out the LCD to get more features.
- Creality Ender 4
- Creality Ender 5/5 Pro
- Creality Ender 5 Plus (needs LCD kit) – If you want to not have to cut your stock Z endstop wire add on the Ender 5 Plus/Ender 6 Endstop Cable above.
- Creality Ender 6 (needs LCD kit) – If you want to not have to cut your stock Z endstop wire add on the Ender 5 Plus/Ender 6 Endstop Cable above.
- CTC i3 Pro B
- Geeetech A10 V1/A10 V2/A10M
- Geeetech A20/A20M
- Kingroon KP3
- Kingroon KP3S
- Sovol SV01
- Sunlu S8
- Tevo Tornado
- Tevo Tarantula Pro
- TronXY X3S/X5S
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 (and rebrands)
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Mini (and rebrands)
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus (and rebrands)
- Wanhao Duplicator D6 (and rebrands) – NOTE: This printer only works with the 12mm sensor size
- Setting up EZABL on Vanilla Marlin or Duet?. The EZABL works like a normally open endstop switch and will physically work with boards running Marlin or RepRap (Duet) but the included support does not cover getting your custom machine setup but support on a custom machine is available at an hourly rate. Otherwise, you can always check out our communities for getting the EZABL working on a non-supported board/printer here: Community.TH3DStudio.com
How Does the EZABL™ Mount?
The EZABL™ mounts to your printer hotend and we supply STL files for over 40+ different mounting options for the 25+ machines we support. There is a folder in our Unified Firmware Package that contains all the mounts that we have supported in the firmware so you can get setup without having to measure sensor offsets. You may need some M3 screws (or others depending on the mount) to mount the sensor and we have a screw assortment that covers all the sizes you may need for all the most popular mounts.
Do I need to have a bootloader on my printer?
Yes. You will need to update your printer with our awesome firmware package and which requires a bootloader. If your printer has a 1284p CPU on it, then chances are you will need to flash the bootloader. Add on the Bootloader kit above. If you are still not sure you can use the Live Chat or Contact Us and we can let you know if your printer needs a bootloader flashed or not.
What is the accuracy of the EZABL Pro?
On a machine with no mechanical issues and a properly installed sensor our kits achieve 0.01mm or better accuracy. Most of our customers report a M48 result of 0.005-0.001mm when properly installed. Lower numbers are better. Test yours with the M48 test.
Can you include a sensor mount?
Absolutely! If it’s one of the “OEM” style ones listed above you can select it in ABS or PLA material. Supports are removed from the prints before shipping. If you want us to print a custom mount (like a herome or petsfang) you can Contact Us with the STL files for a printed part quote, we do prints in ABS and PLA.
Will I have to Solder?
Nope. Not at all.
How much does the EZABL Pro sensor weigh?
18mm is about 0.9oz w/2x Included Nuts12mm is about 0.45oz w/2x Included Nuts
Does the EZABL work on *insert surface here*?
The answer is yes to any printing surfaces. This includes glass, mirror, polyprop sheets, acrylic, aluminum, ezmat, pei, buildtak, and any other surface you print on. Unlike other solutions, the EZABL™ works on all print surfaces without requiring modification to the surface.
What is the difference between the EZABL™ Pro and the EZABL™ Pro Mini?
Only the physical size and the Mini weighs a few grams less. Some printers cannot fit a standard size probe so we came out with the Mini to fit those machines (example: Wanhao D6).
Do I need to change my printer board to use the EZABL™ Pro?
Nope! We’ve spend hundreds of hours making firmware for all the machines we support and enabling tons of new features and safety improvements for your stock printer board. Check the Unified Firmware page to see what machines we support.
Will the EZABL™ Pro work with an AC Bed?
Yes! We’ve made major improvements to the new Pro sensors that make them work on AC beds that are properly connected with a quality SSR. If you use a good SSR (like the Mager we sell) then you will have no issues with your EZABL™ kit with an AC bed (and you can control the bed from your printer!)
Where is the EZABL™ Pro made?
The EZABL™ Pro is designed by TH3D and we use multiple suppliers across the globe to source the parts and assemble our custom EZABL™ Pro boards & sensors. All final testing, QC, packaging, and support is done here in the US.
Why is the EZABL™ Pro “so expensive”?
Because quality parts and excellent support people are not cheap. We don’t focus on the race to the bottom like other companies. Quality and excellent customer service is the focus here at TH3D. If you want a cheaper kit check out eBay.
I have a custom printer or one with a control board I swapped, will you setup my firmware for me?
The EZABL will work with any Marlin or RepRap based machine. However, our included support covers machines that are listed above with their original control boards and our Unified Firmware. On custom printers (this includes models we support but with their boards swapped) we cannot possibly account for every variation when a customer swaps their board or has a custom machine. We do have hourly support available here should you need custom work: https://www.th3dstudio.com/product/3d-printer-support/ We also have our communities to get help as well that do not cost anything to use: http://Community.TH3DStudio.com
Do I have to make my own wiring harness or modify my board to use the EZABL™ Pro kit?
Nope! We supply all the wiring and a 1.5M sensor cable length with a modular connection. Unlike competitors that require you to modify your printer board or make your own wiring harness to use their sensors we supply everything to connect it and require no modification to your printer board.
Does the EZABL™ Pro Kit work with OctoPrint/EZPi?
Absolutely! We love OctoPrint and use it here. Every one of our production machines has an EZPi kit on it and our EZABL™ kit.
Have a question we didn’t cover here?
No problem! Contact our Support Team or use our Live Chat with any questions you may have and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Unified Firmware Downloads are located in the help center here: Help Center Downloads
EZABL Sensor mount STL files included in the Unified 2 STL Pack.
Setting up with standard Marlin or have a printer with a 3rd party control board?
Check out our setup guide here: EZABL Firmware Setup for “Vanilla” Marlin
Hardware – EZABL™ Pro sensor & EZABL™ Pro Control Box (case and EZABL Pro control board)
Mini Size – 12mm (Mini) includes 2x Adapter Rings to install it into an 18mm mount
Accessories – 3ft Power Wire, Sensor Calibration Screwdriver, Zip ties for wire management
6 Months Tech Support & Warranty – Technical support covers all printers listed above with their factory control boards and electronics on the Supported Printers list. Included Technical Support is over Email.
EZABL™ Pro Installation Guide – Located in the Unified Firmware Download Package and in our Help Center
Pre-Setup Firmware – Flash in under 5 minutes
Probe Mount STLs – Over 40+ different probe mounts in our EZABL™ STL Pack (part of the Unified 2 STL Pack)
Optional Add-ons (if selected)
Bootloader kit – For printers that do not come with a bootloader (1284p board machines).
AC Power Adapter – Powers the kit from your wall outlet instead of the printer power supply
USB Power Adapter – Powers the kit from a USB port instead of the printer power supply
Select OEM Sensor Mounts – Available in ABS and PLA (select above) – You can print your own for no charge, STLs are in the Unified Firmware Package.
Solid Bed Mounts – Replaces the springs on certain printer models to make the bed more stable and remove the movement from the springs.
There are many options to add auto bed leveling to your printer. Many of them are difficult to install, use, and/or just use poor-quality parts. Our US-based support team handles over 10,000 support tickets a year and are trained on all our products. We aim to set ourselves apart from the competition in many ways and refuse to cut corners when it comes to supporting or the hardware.
What makes our kits different from our competitors?
- Our Latest EZABL™ Pro boards
- Name brand parts and High-speed Opto IC
- Self-test feature built-in
- EZ Switch for swapping your Z endstop wires
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- 3-Stage Power Filtering
- Dual Power Connection Options – DC Jack & 2 Pin Terminal for bare wires
- Dual Z Endstop Connection Options – 2/3 Pin JST XH & 2 Pin Terminal for bare wires
- Our Latest EZABL™ Pro Sensor
- No temperature drift thanks to our custom-designed sensors
- Unlike cheap sensors, ours are not affected by temperature or humidity changes
- Cable strain relief built-in
- S³ Sensor Technology
- 6 times faster sampling rate versus our previous EZABL sensors
- Up to 3 times faster sampling rate versus our competition and DIY sensors
- Lightweight PC-ABS Case (up to 50% lighter than the competition and our previous generation sensors)
- Dual-Layer shielded cables for the best EMI resistance and durability
- Modular Molex Sensor Connection
- Calibration Adjustment Screwdriver Included
- The maximum ambient temperature recommended is 70C
- Our Unified Firmware Package
- Our own Marlin Distribution tuned for quick and easy setup, guaranteed to work with your supported machine and NO coding experience needed
- Adds not only support for our EZABL™ kit but numerous safety features and usability improvements over stock printer firmware.
- Thermal Runaway Protection, Live Z Adjustment, EEPROM Support, 100% OctoPrint Compatible
- Our Support Team
- We have an actual support team and everyone is based in the US
- 1 on 1 email support is included free of charge with every EZABL™ Pro Kit.
The quality of our products is extremely important to us. Because of this, our kits are more expensive than our competitors due to the higher cost of the parts, materials, and support that go into making each kit. We’re a real company with actual staff, not someone selling on eBay or Amazon. As the old saying goes “you get what you pay for”.
6 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link.
Damage/Failure due to improper installation, improper usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, 3rd party products connected to our product, and/or modification of the product are not covered under warranty.