What is so special about the EZCam HD?
The EZCam HD is specced out with 3D printer users in mind. We’ve used and sold the Logitech cameras for a while now but wanted something that offers better picture quality and features. The lens is a manual focus so you can lock in on your printer bed to get a crisp, clear picture without worrying about it changing. Many webcams on the market have fixed focus or autofocus that make getting your printer bed that is close up hard to do without modification or advanced command-line configuration in Octoprint. Many cameras with autofocus struggle to keep in focus when mounted on a printer.
Inside the camera, we have a glass lens with an IR filter, a 1080p CMOS sensor, and hardware MJPEG encoding. This means that it delivers a clear image with minimal load on your Raspberry Pi CPU. The base that is normally used to set it on a computer monitor is easily detachable to attach the camera itself to a variety of mounts that we have designed so you can attach it to your printer bed mounts or frame easily.
STL Files For Mounting
Where the camera attaches to the base there is a nut and screw inside that is accessible when you remove the plastic circles covering the ends. This bolt and nut are used to mount the camera to the STL files we designed for this camera.
Included STL File Mount List:
- TH3D Solid Bed Mount Adapter Part
- Ender 5/Ender 5 Plus Corner Mount
- General 2020 Extrusion Mount Arm
- 1080p 30fps Sony CMOS Sensor
- Good low light performance
- Real GLASS Lens w/IR Filter
- Clear picture with durability
- Manual Focus Adjustment
- Get your bed in focus without taking the camera apart or complicated command line settings!
- Wide Angle View
- See more of your printer bed than standard webcams
- 104° Degree FoV
- Compatible with OctoPrint and EZPi Setups
- Just plug it in and restart your Octoprint Pi
- USB Connectivity w/3FT Cable
- Easy to route on your printer vs ribbon type cameras
- Easily extendable with standard USB extension cables if you need it longer
- The base is weighted and has a standard “tripod” 1/4″ thread mount in the bottom.
The EZCam has been tested with Octoprint itself. Other 3rd party plugins may not work with this camera if they do not support the MJPEG encoding standard. If you are going to use the EZCam with a 3rd party plugin, check with the plugin vendor to make sure they support the MJPEG standard.
STL files to mount this camera to our Solid Bed Mounts as well as standard 20mm size extrusion available above.
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
Technical support with for product it is handled through our TH3D Communities. You can get access to them on our Community Page. If you require consulting time direct from the TH3D team to use/install the part it is available for an additional, hourly consulting charge.
Warranty Length: 3 Months
Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support. Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty