What is this little white box?
This little box is a Wifi outlet that gives you control over your printer power (or any other 110V device power if you want). The difference between ours and others is that we’re running Open Source firmware (Tasmota) on these. That means no sketchy apps to install on your phone or accounts to sign up for to get it setup. Unlike other plugs that require complicated flashing and/or soldering to liberate from the “cloud”, these come pre-flashed with Tasmota on them.
These plugs are 100% locally controlled so you can rest easy knowing that only you have access to it. These work with the Octoprint Tasmota plugin and home automation platforms like Home Assistant. All our source code is available so you can be sure what is on your network. We believe that this is your device so we have NO remote access or control over them.
When you combine this plug with your Octoprint installation it gives you powerful control of the printer right from your Octoprint web interface AND extra safety in the event of an issue with the printer. You can have this plug shut off your printer if there is an issue with the heaters or if the printer goes into an unresponsive state. Both versions of the plugs support on/off commands and the EZPlug+ bakes in power monitoring for you data nerds out there.
Tasmota has a “firmware update” button in the firmware. DO NOT USE THIS. Only install firmware updates directly from our EZPlug Github Releases. We will be removing the stock Tasmota update “feature” that does not work from the next software release. It does not work as the main Tasmota branch does not have the module template in it for our plugs, this is coded into our firmware for easy setup. If you need to re-flash, go to our firmware release page here: EZPlug Github Releases
Using the EZPlug with Standard Tasmota
You are welcome to use standard Tasmota with your EZPlug but this is not covered under technical support. Only when using the EZPlug with our firmware is support able to assist with using the plug. This is because we pre-setup and calibrate values for the plugs to make sure things work correctly out of the box. Converting to the standard Tasmota firmware is for advanced users who have experience with Tasmota.
Powering the Raspberry Pi Note
To use this plug with OctoPrint you must be powering your Rasbperry Pi from a power source that is NOT your printer power supply. We have AC adapters here for Pi4 Boards in our store here: Raspberry Pi 4 – 3 Amp Power Adapter with Switch – USB C
Get access to all the EZPlug product information in our Help Center here: EZPlug Help Center Resources
- Powered by Tasmota Open Source Firmware
- Pre-flashed with our TH3D Version
- Don’t want to use our firmware? You can update over wifi to standard Tasmota
- Source code and Tasmota Templates located here on the EZPlug GitHub
- NO sketchy apps to download to use this. Just connect to the wifi on the plug, enter your wifi information, and its connected
- 100% LOCAL control. NO “cloud” to worry about
- Works with OctoPrint to control your printer
- NO soldering required
- NO complicated firmware flashing
- Works with Home Assistant and MQTT
- Home Assistant Discovery is pre-setup on our firmware
- MQTT support enabled out of the box
- Uses 2.4ghz Wifi to connect, 5ghz networks are not supported
- Power Monitoring available on the EZPlug+
- 110V US Plug up to 10A load
- These are only available in US plug types ONLY as pictured.
- Complies with UL-60730-1 and CAN/CSA-E60730-1 Safety Standards, Certified through Intertek by the Hardware OEM.
NOTE: EZPlug casing is sealed and does not open. Trying to open the casing will void your warranty and damage the EZPlug. Photos are to show what the internals look like.
Warranty & Support Information
TH3D Community Support - Technical support for the product is handled through our TH3D Communities. You can get access to them on our Community Page.
3 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support. Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty