Why do you want this upgrade?
Have you ever run out of filament during a print? Now you don’t have to worry! When you get the EZOut V3 filament sensor you feed the filament through our sensor and when it runs out the printer will wait for you to load more filament into the printer so you can resume the print! Absolutely ZERO soldering required to install this. Easily add a filament sensor to your 3D printer today! This is a full kit that includes our custom cable and filament sensor. You will need to update your firmware which is included via the firmware offer mentioned above.
Included cable is 1 meter long, we also sell 200mm extensions.
Also works with the EZBoard V2.
- Remove the stock sensor and cable.
- Connect the cable end with the label that says “THIS END GOES TO SENSOR” to the EZOut V3 Sensor
- Plug the other end into your control board to the J1 port on the board (there is a cable already there, unplug it).
- Install new sensor, it will just hang out below the extruder.
- IF USING OUR LCD KIT – Update the firmware. You will uncomment the ENDER6 option and the EZOUT_ENABLE option, then compile. Once compiled, put the BIN file on the SD card, power on the machine and it will update
This works on the STOCK firmware and our Unified 2 Firmware with our LCD Kit. Firmware is included if you have our LCD kit and 3 months of updates are included.