- Direct replacement for your Creality Hotend
- Works with most Creality Printer Models including:
- Ender 2/3/4/5
- CR-10 (Standard, Mini, S4, S5)
- CR-10S (Standard, Mini, S4, S5)
- Genuine Creality Replacement Part
- Replaces the stock PTFE Heatbreak
- Heatbreaks are delicate parts.
- Never tighten your nozzle without holding the heater block with pliers. Doing it without can break the transition zone (the thinnest part).
- Nozzle crashes can also bend the heatbreak. If your heatbreak is bent in a nozzle crash slowly try to bend it back to the original position.
- Our warranty does not cover damage to the heatbreak from over-tightening or nozzle crashes, only defects in the product itself.
Heatbreak Assembly Directions
When using any PTFE heatbreak the PTFE tube itself is responsible for creating the seal between the tubing and the nozzle.
Assembling a hotend with a PTFE heatbreak is like an all metal one except you will need to make sure the PTFE tube has pressure on the back of the nozzle to seal correctly.
- Install the nozzle all the way into the heaterblock
- Back the nozzle out 1/4 turn from the heaterblock
- Install the heatbreak into the heaterblock until it hits the back of the nozzle
- Install the assembled heatbreak+heaterblock+nozzle into your hotend heatsink
- Unscrew the PTFE fitting from your hotend 1/2 a turn*
- Make sure your PTFE tube is cut squarely and flat
- Insert the PTFE tube all the way into the hotend until it stops
- Tighten the PTFE fitting down all the way
- Heat the hotend to 240C
- Tighten the nozzle down with a wrench with the force of 1 finger (do not over tighten)
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
Technical support with for product it is handled through our TH3D Communities. You can get access to them on our Community Page. If you require consulting time direct from the TH3D team to use/install the part it is available for an additional, hourly consulting charge.
Warranty Length: 3 Months
Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support. Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty