This is our flagship flexible printing system. This will take all the hassle of removing prints from your bed once and for all!
Just like all our products these ship from the USA, not drop shipped like Wham Bam.
Easier to install, better quality, better pricing, no scuffing required, and more options than other brands like Wham Bam or BuildTak.
Our PEI coated plates offer great adhesion for major filament types (like PLA, PETG, HTPLA, PCTG, TPU, TPE) and easy part removal.
Our plates are precision cut for the best quality on the market and our PEI surfaces are second to none.
Our PEI surfaces require NO scuffing or sanding to use and they are 100% Genuine PEI.
All our PEI surfaces are pre-installed on the plates so you don’t have to worry about messing up when applying the PEI.
Our plates are made from high quality steel that will not rust.
What are you waiting for? Toss those scrapers in the trash and get to flexing!
Just stick our magnet to your bed and slap the flex plate on to the magnet. Start your print like you always do and then when the bed cools (40C or less) you can pop the plate off with our convenient lift tabs and then flex the part off. You’ll love using our plates and if you want even more adhesion than the PEI offers add our EZMat to the rear of the plate for easy printing of other filaments (like ABS, ASA, or Nylon) that require higher temperatures (enclosure required for some filaments).
Maintenance Tip – Make sure to clean your bed before applying the magnet and occasionally wipe down the plate with IPA to keep the surface free of oils for best adhesion.
- Smooth Plates – Protective Film
- Some smooth plates have a CLEAR film on them that is shiny. This may or may not be on your plate depending on if it was removed for quality checking the PEI sheet.
- If yours has a shiny (not matte) finish then carefully peel the clear film before use. The PEI is yellow, DO NOT REMOVE THE PEI.
- Recommend print temps
- PLA – 60C
- HTPLA – 60C
- PETG – 70-80C
- PCTG – 70-80C
- ABS – 100C
- Product Usage Guidelines
- ABS – You will need to use something like VisionMiner Nano Polymer to stick ABS to PEI, or use our EZMat on the other side of the plate. Smaller parts will stick but larger parts may lift without an adhesion promoter on the PEI surface
- PETG/PCTG/TPU – If you are not careful with your 1st layer you can risk bonding the PETG/PCTG/TPU to the PEI surface. This will damage the surface. To prevent damage to the surface apply hairspray or PVA gluestick before printing PETG/PCTG/TPU on the PEI or EZMat surfaces
- Part Removal – Make sure your plate is at close to room temp (under 30C) before removing parts. If you remove when hot it more likely to damage the surface.
- Maintain Proper Z Height – When starting a print make sure your bed is level and your nozzle is not too close to the bed (if using an ABL system check that your Z offset is correct and use the Babystepping to adjust during a print). Running the nozzle too close will damage the surface and/or embed the plastic into the sheet. Damage due to improper Z height is hard to fix and is not covered under warranty.
- Cleaning – Keep the top and bottom of the plate clean as well as the magnet if you get anything on it. IPA is what is recommended to clean the plate and magnetic base. Make sure that no liquids or adhesives are on top of the magnet or bottom of the plate. If liquids are between the magnet and the plate it can damage and degrade the magnet so keep them dry and clean.
- Want to increase or decrease adhesion?
- Check out our article here: EZMat/EZPei – Adhesion Tips and Tricks
- EZMat Usage
- Due to the high adhesion of the EZMat you may not want to toss the scraper if you do a large print and you’re using the EZMat surface (if you bought this separately).
- Magnetic Base
- These are intended to be used with our plates.
- Do NOT put other surfaces on top of the magnetic base as some have reported that certain mirrors and/or glass can stick to the magnetic sheet which can damage it.
- Do NOT print directly on top of the magnetic base.
- Bed Sizing Notes
- Be sure to check your bed side. TH3D is not responsible for the wrong size ordered and/or errors in the listings. We try do our best to keep descriptions up to date but some manufacturers make changes to machines after release.
- Product Changes
- Smooth plates ordered after 3/1/20 will have the new EZFlex2 branding on them and our new PEI that holds better than the last version. The PEI will have a slightly different appearance than the previous version of the smooth plates and this is normal.
Installation Video – Please note that all PEI surfaces are pre-installed on the plates so you will not have to install them yourself. If you purchased the EZMat as well apply this to the side of the plate without the logo on it.
Please note that when using the EZMat on the rear of the plate the magnetic strength will feel less than using a plate with only the PEI surface. We have tested using dual sided applications on our plates in house and they work great even with a surface on both sides.
Product QC Information
- All plates and magnets are inspected to ensure full functionality to make sure they meet our standards for them.
- Smooth PEI plates may have a non-uniform appearance under the PEI as that is the adhesive visible through the PEI sheet, this is normal.
- Textured PEI plates may have a non-uniform color appearance as they are sprayed and the PEI is baked onto the plate, this is normal.
- Textured plates will have the texture covering the print area for the machines they fit (example: CR-10 has a 310×310 bed but print area is only 300×300).
- Plates will not be exchanged if they are in these specifications. Only if a plate has a defect that affects it’s functionality will be considered defective.
- Why are there some variances in appearance with the plates?
- They are all sprayed (textured) or applied by hand (smooth). It is impossible (even with a machine) to make every single plate absolutely identical. The information provided above is so you know what to expect from the plates.
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
- To get technical support with this product it is handled through our TH3D Communities
- You are welcome to ask quick questions about a Community Support product through our helpdesk but in-depth 1 on 1 technical support is not included.
Warranty Info: 90 Days Warranty
- Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product.
- If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by emailing Support@TH3DStudio.com or by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support.
- Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty
Additional Return Information for Flex Plates and Magnets
Due to the consumable nature of the flex plates and the magnets once a product is used it cannot be returned for a full refund in the event that it is returned due to wrong size ordered or any other reason other than a defect in the product.