- Allows High Temp PTFE to pass into the melt zone
- Works with Tough Tube and other high-temp PTFE tubings
- Recommend temp range 170-275C (300C max but read the safety guidelines below)
- No jams like with all metal heatbreaks
- Some filaments (mostly PLA) tend to jam in all metal heatbreaks. This allows you to use high temp PTFE in the melt zone it is much less likely to jam on a retraction since PTFE will not stick to the filament.
- Works with 1.75mm E3D, TH3D, and Clone V6 or Volcano Hotends
- Does NOT include high temp PTFE tubing
- TH3D sells high temp Tough Tube PTFE here: Tough Tube – High Temp, High Tolerance PTFE Tubing
- Heatbreaks are delicate parts.
- Never tighten your nozzle without holding the heater block with pliers. Doing it without can break the transition zone (the thinnest part).
- Nozzle crashes can also bend the heatbreak. If your heatbreak is bent in a nozzle crash slowly try to bend it back to the original position.
- Our warranty does not cover damage to the heatbreak from over-tightening or nozzle crashes, only defects in the product itself.
Heatbreak Assembly Directions
When using any PTFE heatbreak the PTFE tube itself is responsible for creating the seal between the tubing and the nozzle.
Assembling a hotend with a PTFE heatbreak is like an all metal one except you will need to make sure the PTFE tube has pressure on the back of the nozzle to seal correctly.
- Install the nozzle all the way into the heaterblock
- Back the nozzle out 1/4 turn from the heaterblock
- Install the heatbreak into the heaterblock until it hits the back of the nozzle
- Install the assembled heatbreak+heaterblock+nozzle into your hotend heatsink
- Unscrew the PTFE fitting from your hotend 1/2 a turn*
- Make sure your PTFE tube is cut squarely and flat
- Insert the PTFE tube all the way into the hotend until it stops
- Tighten the PTFE fitting down all the way*
- Heat the hotend to 240C
- Tighten the nozzle down with a wrench with the force of 1 finger (do not over tighten)
* If you have an E3D Hotend or one that does not have a screw in type PTFE fitting unscrew the nozzle 1/2 a turn instead of the fitting. The nozzle will need to be tightened back when the nozzle is at 240C.
3 Months Warranty - Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link.
Damage/Failure due to improper installation, improper usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, 3rd party products connected to our product, and/or modification of the product are not covered under warranty.
If you are using this in the melt zone on your printer please read the following guide on PTFE safety precautions (applies to ALL PTFE tubing, not just ours): https://th3dstudio.com/knowledge-base/ptfe-safety-precautions-all-ptfe-toughtube/