What does this board do?
This is a budget silent board from Creality themselves. It is a decent low-cost alternative to our EZBoard. This board is supported in our Unified 2 firmware for the Ender 3, Ender 3 V2, and Ender 5 machines.
- Genuine Creality V4.2.7 board with Trinamic TMC2225 Drivers
- 512K Flash Memory with EEPROM support
- This board has a bootloader that allows updating the firmware from the MicroSD card
- Uses MicroUSB Cable to Connect (not included)
- Works with Ender 3, Ender 3 V2, and Ender 5 Printers
- Ender 5 machines will likely need our LCD EMI filter board due to how Creality designed this board.
- Free firmware available from TH3D Studio – Ships with Creality Ender 3 Firmware
- Compatible with EZABL, EZOut Filament Sensor Kits, and BL Touch Probes
- 1 on 1 Technical support is available as an optional add-on above. Free technical support can be found through our communities if you do not want to upgrade to the standard support option.
- Technical support from the TH3D Helpdesk via email is not included unless you add it on above at the time of purchase. If you want a higher quality board that comes with a longer warranty and technical support then check out our EZBoard.
- VREF is set with the pots next to each driver – Make sure to set the VREF for your machine. Refer to Creality documentation for the VREFs for their printers.
- Make sure to have an active cooling fan over the board to keep it cool. The Trinamic drivers run warmer than boards with the “standard” (aka 4988 series) drivers.
- On some machines, the EMI filter board addon is required, specifically Ender 5 machines.
- Because the stepper drivers are not connected to UART for control (they are in standalone mode) Linear Advance does not work on this board. If you are not going to use Linear Advance (most people do not) then this does not apply to you.
- If you want to use Linear Advance we recommend using our EZBoard instead as it works correctly with Linear Advance.
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
Technical support with for product it is handled through our TH3D Communities. You can get access to them on our Community Page. If you require consulting time direct from the TH3D team to use/install the part it is available for an additional, hourly consulting charge.
Warranty Length: 3 Months
Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support. Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty