What does this board do?
This is a budget silent board from Creality themselves. It is a decent low-cost alternative to our EZBoard but it does have some downfalls, see the important information section below. This board is supported in our Unified 2 firmware for the Ender 3, Ender 3 V2, and Ender 5 machines.
- Genuine Creality V4.2.7 board with Trinamic TMC2225 Drivers
- 512K Flash Memory with EEPROM support
- This board has a bootloader that allows updating the firmware from the MicroSD card
- Uses MicroUSB Cable to Connect (not included)
- Works with Ender 3, Ender 3 V2, and Ender 5 Printers
- Ender 5 machines will likely need our LCD EMI filter board due to how Creality designed this board.
- Firmware available from TH3D Studio – Ships with Creality Ender 3 Firmware
- Compatible with EZABL, EZOut Filament Sensor Kits, and BL Touch Probes
- 1 on 1 Technical support is available as an optional addon above. Free technical support can be found through our communities if you do not want to upgrade to the paid support option.
- Technical support from the TH3D Helpdesk is not included unless you add it on above at the time of purchase. If you want a higher quality board that comes with a longer warranty and technical support then check out our EZBoard.
- VREF is set with the pots next to each driver – Make sure to set the VREF for your machine. Refer to Creality documentation for the VREFs for their printers.
- Make sure to have an active cooling fan over the board to keep it cool. The Trinamic drivers run warmer than boards with the “standard” (aka 4988 series) drivers.
- EMI Issues
- Due to EMI issues and no filtering this board can see issues with the LCD button acting like it is being pressed when it is not. This is most common on the Ender 5 printers.
- Changing to shielded LCD cables or adding foil for shielding can usually fix this issue when the shielding is tied to chassis ground.
- If you have an Ender 5 and do not want to risk running into the issue with this board then we recommend going with our EZBoard or add on the LCD EMI filter board above we developed to fix the issue on these boards.
- Linear Advance
- Because the stepper drivers are not connected to UART for control (they are in standalone mode) Linear Advance does not work properly on this board.
- If you want to use Linear Advance we recommend using our EZBoard instead as it works correctly with Linear Advance.
- If you are not going to use Linear Advance (most people do not) then this issue does not apply to you.
We feel it is fair to disclose these known limitations/issues regarding this board so people have proper expectations for it. Other vendors (including Creality) do not disclose these issues and limitations and no matter who you purchase from the same things apply to all of the Creality V4.2.2 and V4.2.7 boards.
This is a decent board for the price as long as you are aware of its limitations/issues.
Warranty & Support Information
Technical Support: TH3D Community Support
Technical support with for product it is handled through our TH3D Communities. You can get access to them on our Community Page. If you require consulting time direct from the TH3D team to use/install the part it is available for an additional, hourly consulting charge.
Warranty Length: 3 Months
Our warranty covers any and all defects with the product. If your product fails or has problems within the warranty period you can contact our support team by using the Contact Us link. This is for warranty related issues only, not technical support. Damage/Failure due to improper installation, usage, failure resulting from an issue with the machine the product is installed on, and/or modification or the product is not covered under warranty